Thursday, October 9, 2008

Time Flies

Yesterday marked one whole year since my Mother died. I think about her every day and know that she is so much better off as she had a terrible existence for the last 2 years of her life. Still sharp as a tack mentally until the end but the body had deteriorated to such a state that she was housebound, dependent on oxygen and being cared for 24/7 by a husband who adored her. I also believe she is still around somewhere, somehow and is happy and free from pain. I love you Mum.

On 6 October Dad told me that it was 59 years since he and Mum had their first date. He remembers where they went and what they did. How many men would remember that? He loved Mum so much and although he misses her a lot, he has started to make a life for himself without her. I love you too Dad.

Be kind to your family, tell them you love and care for them before it is too late.

Linda

No comments: