Thursday, October 9, 2008

Facebook and school friends

How good is Facebook? I thought it was only for *ahem* young people but when a friend suggested I join up, I thought why not, you never know what you will find and having a lot of free time on my hands, I can spend hours on the computer.

I found some old school friends I had not seen since 1971 and was thrilled to connect with one fellow who is a doctor on the south coast of NSW. I have a school photo from 1961 with the both of us in it. Between us sending emails back and forth we managed to fill each other in on what we knew about some of our former class mates. I was sad to learn of the death of a couple of the boys. There was one I already knew about, my high school boyfriend Bob. He passed away in 1993 from cancer. Some had lost spouses to this foul disease, others divorced and still others marrying someone from our class and living happily every after. I wonder if any of my former class mates are in jail? No way to find out I guess but I hope not.

I will be catching up with some of them in November when I attend our high school reunion. 37 years is a bloody long time and I am sure I won't recognise some of them, especially the girls but I am excited and looking forward to it. Now, all I have to do between now and then is lose 10 kilos, buy a killer outfit and have my hair and nails done (like the 10kg is really going to happen bwahahaha) still, I will try for 2 or 3.

Happy days one and all

Linda

No comments: