Sunday, September 9, 2007

Getting ready for OS visitors

I am so excited. My penfriend whom I have been writing to for 24 years is coming to visit in a weeks time and will stay for 10 days. Marilyn is from Ohio and has visited me once before in 1996. Hubby Keith is coming too. I am so lucky that Keith and Matthew (my hubby) get on really well. It is funny that after writing to a person for so many years, you come to know them well. We knew from the first few letters way back in 1983 that we were going to be great friends.

The first visit was so exciting for all of us as Marilyn & Keith had not been to Australia before and in 1996 Matt and I had only been married for a year. We were living in Hornsby which is only a short train trip to the heart of Sydney. I scheduled so many things to see and do that we were all exhausted at the end of 10 days. This time it is different as we now live in the country and everything is at least 1 hours drive away.

They will have a huge flying time as they have to fly from Detroit to LA then LA to Brisbane then Brisbane to Canberra. Canberra is way closer to collect them than Sydney (2 hours as against over 4 hours). So this time we will just head straight home from the airport so that they can recover from the flight.

I have started cleaning the house which is a marathon job. It usually takes something like a visit from friends to spur you on to do a "spring clean" - LOL. Plus with 2 dogs that spend a fair bit of time inside, there is a lot to do.

So.... better get of the 'puta and get into the cleaning. I can't wait to see my wonderful American friends.

1 comment:

Joyce at Salisburys Corner said...

have fun with your friends! cant wait to see the pics :)