Saturday, September 15, 2007

The bra buying blues

Bras are such a bugger to buy. I hate going bra shopping. I usually go to Target or K Mart or something like that and try on 27 different ones in about 7 different sizes hoping to find one that is moderately comfortable, contains the boobies without too much spillage and is not too tight, at a reasonable price. So when I do, I buy 6 of them and that lasts me for a couple of years. Every brand has a different size for me. Why is it that sizes are not consistent? It pisses me off.

Well, for a change I went to a proper Bra shop recently and got myself "fitted" by a professional bra fitter. Wonder what sort of training you need to go through - bet there aren't many blokes qualified to fit bras - ROFL. Anyway, crikey, I can't believe what a big difference it makes to your - ahem! "cleavage" to have a bra personally fitted . I had no idea I was an 18C which sounds HUGE but the bra I bought fits really really well and feels OK to have it on all day. I usually can't wait to get home so I can rip my bra off and let it all hang out - LOL.

BUT, there are only 2 down sides to the whole thing IMHO and they are - one - the Bra is what I would term "industrial strength" and - two - it cost $69.95!!! Just one bra! You may as well say it cost $70. It is a Berlei and made in China so what am I missing here? I bought 2 of them so I can have one on and one in the wash.

I have fond memories of those days in my 20s when I had a couple of "mini muffins" requiring no more than a little cotton and elastic covering to look good under a T-shirt. Getting older sucks insome ways but is absolutely terrific in other ways. More soon ......

2 comments:

Terri B said...

ROLFMAO Linda. You crack me up girl. Love the mini muffin comment

I agree...$70 for one bra is ridiculous...though I got 'professionally' fitted in the lead up to our wedding last year...I near died to find I was an 18D!! HOLY CRAP!

Anyway have fun with your new industrial strength bra's.

Dawn said...

*snort* ... mini muffins ;) LOL Come to me for sympathy when a professional fitter hands you a 20DD!!! OMG!!!

Oh, and there is 1 man in Australia who is qualified to fit bras. He works in Sydney Myer, and he had his photo in the paper ... big smile on his face ... bet he LOVES his job LOL.