Monday, January 28, 2008

Flappy New Ears one and all

Well, here it is, another year has begun. 2008 already and January is almost over. Time sure scoots by as you get older. I don't have much to write about but lets see what I can do off the top of my head.

Today marks 16 weeks since Mum died and Dad is going through the grief process with a little help from a counsellor. He is lonely though and I wish I lived a little closer to Glenbrook so I could see him regularly. It is 3 hours each way from Cowra but at least one of my brothers lives at Penrith and he drops in often. I call him every few days to check up on him. You have to expect this to happen - they had been married for 55 years. Anyway, we have invited him to come and stay with us for a week or two and as soon as he can find a cat sitter, he said he will come and stay.

I have been going to the local pool for the physio's aqua exercise classes 2 days a week and I love it. I manage to do a few laps before the class starts and I feel fabulous afterwards. Nothing like a dip in the chlorine to make your skin feel brand new.

Tomorrow I am off to Orange with a friend (Caroline) who needs to buy a dress for a formal function and wants a second opinion as to what looks good on her. She is a lovely size 8 to 10 so in my humble opinion, anything would look good, but I am pleased to help. We will have lunch at the Orange Thai Restaurant which is the best Thai restaurant I have found in the west. It is run by real Thai people and the food is authentic. Every time I need to go to Orange, which is over one hour away by car, I have lunch there. Penang beef curry is my favourite and my mouth is watering already just thinking about it.

Oh well, thats enough for today, must get back to work. He he he he - my boss is in Sydney till Thursday and I finished the pile of work she left for me. Unless anything interesting turns up in the mail, I will just have to amuse myself surfing the net till 5pm arrives.

Cheers

No comments: